- Wasn’t it nice having rain? It even smells good! One fellow said, “I just sat in my car and watched it rain”. I saw two young boys who were drenched and riding bikes in shorts & tennis shoes …… they were smiling!!
- Thursday evening people enjoyed Summer Nights on Central with food, fellowship and music, a great combination.
- The COVID Delta Variant is rearing its ugly head. Our state and county numbers are rising at uncomfortable rates and people are being hospitalized. Booster shots will be available soon for people who have had the Pfizer or Moderna vaccinations. Statistics show vaccination is effective against the virus. About 90% of those hospitalized are not fully vaccinated. It seems the best mitigation is a vaccination; please consider getting yours.
- There was a nice crowd at the VCSU Football Scrimmage with Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Fergus Falls (MSCTC) Thursday night. Many players from each team had multiple snaps and a great opportunity for the MSCTC kids and coaches to see the beautiful VCSU Campus and Facilities.
- In case you haven’t had a chance, go by and see the VCSU Center for the Arts Building. It is state-of–the-art and beautiful.
- Tom Heller, CEO of MRES, presented at our last commission meeting. He noted that Valley City has a residential cost per 1,000 KWH, an average monthly usage, of $87.25 which is the lowest cost compared to many in our area.
- Fun fact – protecting our environment, Valley City’s power supply is 93% CARBON FREE!! J
- Thank you to contributors again this week.
- “It doesn’t make sense to hire smart people and then tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” (Steve Jobs) Blessings, Be Respectful, Be Kind and Pray,