- Gosh, MORE rain!! It is amazing to me how fast a bit of “Mother Nature’s” water can make the tree leaves plush, grasses greener and makes smiling much easier.
- * September is Library Card Sign-up Month. The Barnes County Library joins the American Library Association and libraries nationwide reminding people a library card is a “key” to life long learning. Please visit: https://vcbclibrary.org/ or call 845-3821 to learn more about securing your library card.
- Our moderating temperatures offer great times to get out and enjoy the scenery. Other choices for you might be exercising or volunteering. Churches, youth groups, fire departments and beautification committees are just a few of the many groups needing help. Whether your talents lie outside, inside or clerical type work, there is a place for you. Please consider volunteering, it is gratifying.
- Thank you to our Public Works Dept. A couple of the guys were out “making rounds” and noticed a sump pump running suspiciously often. Through the Automatic Metering Infrastructure they identified there was a broken pipe and no one was home. Great job everyone.
- It is wasp season! Their stings can be very painful and in some cases dangerous. Keeping areas “clean” can help rid areas of wasps so please be considerate of the people who remove your garbage by keeping your garbage containers clean and sealed. For further information, see: https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=AOaemvJ8uBNv2FQYAGXM_1JICtJUDZKsYA:1630194304385&q=How+to+get+rid+of+wasps&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwiFu7WD89TyAhUn_rsIHWTTCS4Q1QIwJHoECCUQAQ&biw=1192&bih=644
- I hope all of you have a safe and fun Labor Day Weekend.
- Thank you to contributors again this week.
- “Kind words are short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.” (Mother Theresa) Blessings, Be Respectful, Be Kind and Pray,