- Last Friday evening was a fun one at the Eagles Club. There was a fundraiser for the Museum’s “Peggy Lee Project” and the Valley City High School Class of 1960 celebrated a reunion event simultaneously. There were many people visiting, eating & enjoying the music of the Myron Sommerfeld Orchestra. Part of the project plan is to have a large Peggy Lee mural on the Rudolf Square where she first worked for KOVC. Kudos to all who are working on the project.
- Watching the varying river levels has been fascinating. With the run-offs from the nice rains the river was up considerably, though now the run-offs have slowed, the releases at the dam are being adjusted accordingly.
- Another thought about the rain or lack thereof, there have been reports of some “good” crops! Amazing, “how does one explain it”?
- The past couple weeks “volunteering” has been one of our topics. Helping your neighbors, especially those who are older, can be very gratifying for you and a Blessing for your neighbors. Oh, and for us “chronologically gifted” folks, we can realize the same gratification by helping at places like the Barnes County Museum, hospital and assisted living facilities. Please consider volunteering.
- Have you noticed the attractive lighting on the City Park Walk Bridge and the mural on the east wall of the shop? Thank you to all you who contributed.
- Sunday the Red Knights International Motorcycle Club held a “911 Tribute Ride” to assist local fire victims. Nearly 200 riders registered before they “hit the road”. Thank you everybody.
- Thank you to contributors again this week.
- “Love is a combination of friendship, passion and respect.” (John Glenn: A Memoir) Blessings, Be Respectful, Be Kind and Pray,