- What beautiful fall weather we have been experiencing and more is forecast this week. Try to get out and enjoy it before ……… well, you know what comes next.
- Did you ever think about being a “fire fighter” when you were younger? There are opportunities available in our VCFD now. Check with Chief Scott or Assistant Chief Lance at 701-845-3351, the VCFD may be a good fit for you.
- COVID is hospitalizing many unvaccinated people. Be safe, be vaccinated.
- VCSU celebrated its Homecoming last weekend with a myriad of activities including banquet recognitions, a parade, and a football game to name a few. Many VCSU Alumni and families returned to join in the festivities.
- OFFICIATING: Have you wondered what it is like being a game official (referee)? There is a dire shortage of officials in our nation for numerous sports. North Dakota is no exception. The “total” number of officials isn’t too bad though there is great need in the rural areas. Becoming a game official is a great way of “giving back”. I will share that officiating is a very rewarding experience. Competing to make the right calls is exhilarating and the life long relationships with players, coaches, officials and fans are “priceless”. Ask an official about her/his experiences. Women & men alike, even if you think officiating is something you’d never do, please give it further thought. “Without officials, it is just a scrimmage”. For further information, call the NDHSAA @ 701-845-3953.
- Thank you to contributors again this week.
- “Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt.” (Special Olympics Athlete’s Oath) Blessings, Respect Others, Be Kind and Pray,