- Correction: I made a mistake last week so please accept my apology. Referring to COVID, the sentence read, “…..please respect it as it is still attacking the unvaccinated.” While true, there are numerous “breakthrough” cases as well. I omitted that vaccinated people seem to have milder symptoms and comprise only 0.0337% of those hospitalized and 2.454% of those infected as per Barnes County CCHD of 1/21/22.
- Next weekend is Super Bowl Weekend; enjoy and please be safe.
- Valley City is a Public Power City and we are a “winter peaking city”. That means we use more power in the winter than in summer which is different than most. Two-thirds of our power, 12 – 13 megawatts (MWH), is WAPA hydropower and is less expensive. One-third of our power comes from MRES and is more expensive. Picture a wavy line on a graph. If we can take the bigger waves out and have a more level line, our costs remain lower. If we have a wave that is too high, we have a demand charge and that can cost about $10,000.00 per MWH.
- How can we help? Our peak demands begin about 6:30 AM, 11:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Each of these times can extend for an hour to a couple hours. During said times, cooking demands significant power, so please refrain from drying clothes or other high demand tasks until in between peak times. Thank you.
- Thank you to contributors again this week.
- “Your life is a gift from the Creator, your gift back to the Creator is what you do with your life.” (Billy Mills) Blessings, Respect, Kindness and Prayers,