- A few days ago Sue and I took an evening drive north of town enjoying the farm country. Accepting that the crops are later than normal, they make a pretty scene. However, a farmer told me they are ready for a shot of rain soon to keep crops on the right track. There is beauty out there.
- If you look around, you may notice some stressed or dead trees, which could be related to the last summer’s drought and last winter’s extreme cold. Regardless of the cause, for guidance about your trees, check with our City Forester or the Barnes County Extension Agent.
- I really like trees and Maples are especially intriguing to me though many are experiencing Iron Chlorosis, “yellowing of leaves”). Enter “Chlorosis in Maples” in a search for information.
- If you are planting trees, please stop into City Hall for a tree planting folder or see: http://www.valleycity.us/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Forestry-Brochure-09.13.2018.pdf
- Visiting people at last week’s Crazy Daze was fun; Jon and Brad, former residents of Valley City attended. Thanks for visiting Valley City.
- Thank you to Valley City Parks & Rec. and all who contributed to a successful “Safety Night in the Park” last Thursday.
- Thanks to all who helped with topics & proofing again this week.
- “Always be a little more kind than necessary.” (James Barry)
- Blessings, Respect, Kindness and Prayers,