“Hi everybody, and a pleasant good evening” (Vin Skully),
- Leaves are turning color and evenings are a bit cooler as we transition into the fall season. Take time to embrace the beauty.
- Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) held meetings last week. The team there is exercising strategies to minimize affects of inflation and higher costs of energy. They are doing a great job on our behalf.
- I hope you all have taken time to notice the beautiful flowerpots and flowers on the light poles uptown. Thank you to all the folks who facilitated planting and watering this summer. With the lack of rain, timely watering was essential to keeping them alive and pretty.
- Serving your community can be very gratifying. Volunteering at church, school, museum, library, city boards or running for an office. There are many ways to contribute without taking too much of your time. Consider serving and “Give it a shot”!
- VCSU Homecoming was last Saturday, the parade, football game, alumni gatherings and campus tours were held in spite of intermittent rains. It was good seeing so many people at the parade as not long after, there were some pretty heavy rain showers.
- The thunder, lightening and rain were refreshing as it has been a long time since we had such an event!
- Thank you to all who helped with topics and proofing again this week.
- “When you find yourself in situations of impossible demands, choose relationships first.” (Sarah Boyd)
- Blessings, Respect, Kindness and Prayers,