- This is homecoming week for the Hi-Liners. There will be activities all week beginning Monday @ 7:00 PM with the Powder-Puff Football Game. The week’s weather forecast is favorable, attend and enjoy.
- A number of city employees and commissioners attended the North Dakota League of Cities (NDLC) Fall Conference in Grand Forks late last week. There were sessions about housing solutions, addiction, small business climate, behavioral health, energy and a plethora of other educational sessions.
- The route-traveled home Saturday took me west of Thompson to enjoy the beautiful trees (green and gold), golden stubble, tilled fields, sunshine and soft puffy clouds. Sometimes I don’t take time to enjoy the simple pleasures in life. Try going for a hike or a drive and “smell the roses”.
- Back to the NDLC Conference, we heard inspirational speaker, Hunter Pinke from Wishek, ND. Hunter has a heartwarming story and “easy listening delivery”. See: https://www.hunterpinke.com
- Governor Burgum noted North Dakota has a 35% obesity rate and our nation spends nearly 4 trillion dollars on healthcare. Walking, biking or other activity could eliminate nearly a trillion dollars spent on healthcare. It doesn’t require “hours” or sophisticated programs, just “get started”, you’ll likely feel better and be healthier.
- Thank you to all who helped with topics and proofing again this week.
- “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
- Blessings, Respect, Kindness and Prayers,