- North Dakota “fall golf ingenuity”. With leaves falling and folks golfing, one golfer went to his cart, returned with a leaf blower and promptly cleared the green; what a country!!
- At the Main Street Summit last week Governor Burgum noted North Dakota has had a 16% increase in population since 2010 which ranks 4th in the nation. ND also has the 4th youngest population with about 200,000 being 18 & under. Creating a community where people want to live, work and visit is important. Growing our community will also broaden our tax and customer bases.
- It was a beautiful weekend for walking Valley City, downtown, along the river, the Broken Road, etc. Thanks Mylo.
- Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) held an Area Meeting for member communities. Some Strategic Priorities were discussed: Retaining and Attracting People, Maintaining Financial Stability, Creating a Reliable & Clean Energy Future, Leveraging New Technology and Preserving MRES Membership & Sales.
- Think about “Alley Art”. See & enjoy: https://sillyamerica.com/blog/bismarck-art-alley-north-dakota/
- Last Friday Superintendent Johnson and President LaFave hosted North Dakota University System (NDUS) Chancellor Mark Hagerott and Vice Chancellor Jerry Rostad. They visited Washington School and held informational sessions at the HAC and VCSU. The Chancellor and Vice Chancellor were quite excited about the collaboration and innovation between VCSU & VCPS. Chancellor Hagerott emphasized Cybersecurity is a 24-7 issue, a huge concern for all and the NDUS is no exception. Thank you Josh, Al and your teams.
- Sheyenne River fishing: Awhile back some guys in a boat were taking photos of a nice “pike looking” fish I guessed to be about 40-inches. My neighbor, Rich, said Muskies were planted some time ago and would be about that size now, wow!
- Thank you to all who helped with topics and proofing again this week.
- “A smile is the quickest way to brighten a room.”
(Jessica D., South Carolina)
- Blessings, Respect, & Prayer,