- Thank you to all of you folks who have remained patient while incurring inconveniences resulting from our winter weather. Please know the Valley City Street Department, the Barnes County Highway Department and the North Dakota Department of Transportation have all been making great efforts to make your streets & roads safe. Winds, snow, freezing fog and a lack of sunshine work against them as they work to break through & remove the ice on roads.
- Have you seen this year’s Valley City Fire Department Calendar? The picture shows the nearly $30,000.00 overhead doors donated by our Volunteer Fire Fighters. Really nice, thank you.
- Thursday some of us testified at the Legislature in support of SB2020 which is funding for “everything water”. In turn, the Department of Water Resources (DWR) provides cost shares for our Permanent Flood Protection (PFP) and other North Dakota water projects.
- Frost has found a few of our water lines causing a few breaks. While we are grateful temperatures have been moderate, it is still cold for our water and street crews who are battling to restore your water services. Kudos and thank you to all who are working on our citizens behalf.
- Our Fire & Rescue Teams have been called out to numerous injury motor vehicle crashes. An all-wheel drive vehicle can accelerate faster than a two-wheel drive, but it takes just as long to stop! Please slow down.
- I am told there is or will be a legislative bill to make “Failure to Wear a Seatbelt” a primary offense with a $20 fine. Please think about it as “Seatbelts save lives”.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “If you do something nice and get caught, it doesn’t count.” ~ Anonymous
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,