NEWS & NOTES
- The sun and wind are drying ground so more and more farmers can prepare and plant their crops. If you are so inclined, your prayers for a successful farming year can be meaningful. Agriculture is the strongest industry sector in North Dakota’s economy.
- Memorial Day is a federal holiday honoring U.S. Military Personnel who died while serving in the U.S. Armed Forces. The day has been observed for 155 years and is currently observed on the last Monday in May.
- The topic of turn signals was mentioned the other day. Utilizing your turn signals properly protects you from other drivers. To be safe, turn your signal on well in advance of beginning your turn …… and it is a law!
- A big “Thank you” to all our city employees who went the “extra mile” during city clean-up.
- Last Wednesday VCPS held its annual “VCPS Achievement and Excellence Program” recognition. Congratulations to all who were recognized for contributions and thank you to ALL who are a part of the VCPS educational system. For detailed stories see: The Times Record and News Dakota.
- Congratulations to all of this year’s high school graduates. High school graduation is the most special in my memory as many of us classmates were together in grades K through 12! Your classmates will go in different directions after graduation and it could be the last time you see some. Take some time to reflect on all the good times and cherish the experience of your high school graduation.
- With the importance of behavioral health, might you have family, friends or other acquaintances with whom you haven’t communicated in some time? Maybe your call, e-mail or text could “make the person’s day”. Make someone’s day, give’m a call.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “We learned about gratitude and humility – that so many people had a hand in our success.” ~ Michelle Obama
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,