- Last week was busy and invigorating beginning Monday with a visit from Tim Blodgett who is one of the newer employees at MRES. Tim just wanted to meet some of our employees and see Valley City. Thank you for sharing time with us Tim.
- Wednesday we attended Music in the Park which was moved from the Bandshell to the VCSU Center for the Arts due to forest fire smoke. The Bluestems, a group of young siblings from Elgin, ND entertained us with a “Bluegrass Music” show. Thanks to the family for visiting Valley City.
- Thursday was The Sheyenne River Valley Tour. We visited and had short presentations at our Water Treatment Plant, the Baldhill Dam, our Eagles Club for lunch and the Minuteman Missile Site near Cooperstown. While en route, points of interest were noted along with historical tidbits. The tour was VERY educational and enjoyable. If you have yet to visit the Missile Alert Site, I would recommend you give the short trip consideration.
- Last weekend “Rally in the Valley” was held with open houses, a wonderful parade, class reunions, Bridge City Cruiser’s cruise, car show (192 classic vehicles), dedication of a beautiful Peggy Lee mural on the “Rudolph” and a Peggy Lee Day Concert performed by the Myron Sommerfeld Orchestra. The parade was enjoyed by people on both sides of Central Avenue from the Dairy Queen to the Connect Church which is about 11 blocks. It was fun seeing all the people. Thanks to ALL the folks who contributed to the successful event.
- Over the weekend there were a plethora of rummage sales around town and numerous youngsters with lemonade stands. Congratulations & thank you to the entrepreneurial youngsters who wanted to work and their supportive parents. I hope you all had fun.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “We learned about gratitude and humility – that so many people had contributed to our success.” ~ Michelle Obama
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,