- There is much grief in our region following the horrific ambush in Fargo resulting in the death of Police Officer Jake Wallin. Please pray for all who grieve and thank law enforcement folks, emergency responders and fire fighters for the great services they provide for each of us. “Thank you all”.
- I erred in last week’s article and named the wrong band featured for Thursday night’s Summer Nights on Central. The band that played was “2-Weeks Notice” and they did a really nice job entertaining a great crowd. I am sorry for any inconveniences it may have caused.
- The West Nile Virus is spread by mosquitos and there have been cases confirmed in our region. It can be some nasty stuff so please, be careful. Use an insect repellant with deet, eliminate standing water near you and wear long sleeve shirts etc. to protect yourself.
- A couple of us took a leisurely drive around the northeast part of Barnes County last week looking at crops. While some fields are a bit spotty and a little behind, many fields look uniform and very nice. The crop colors were vivid, blacks, greens, some golden. Corn, beans and grain were waving in the evening breeze and sun, they were beautiful. There is hope.
- Last week I received and e-mail from the “Department of Motor Vehicles” notifying me of a traffic violation charge. I couldn’t remember anything unusual in recent travel, of course I am “older”. Then I had a “flicker of light in the attic, phishing”! IT WAS A SCAM! Please be aware as we “senior citizens” are targets.
- Cyber security is critical in our lives today. Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) and our Barnes County partners oversee the cyber security protection for our city.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “A person only learns by two things, one is reading and the other is association with smarter people.” ~ Will Rogers
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,