NEWS & NOTES
- Schools in Valley City are in session. VCPS, St. Kate’s, VCSU and Valley City Christian School began classes last week and it certainly livens things bit with all the students in and around town. WELCOME and thank you for choosing Valley City.
- Along with classes, sports and fine arts activities have begun. Get out and enjoy contests, concessions, and tailgating while the weather is nice.
- VCSU Football again has the “Paint Bucket” and happens to have 7 pairs of brothers on this year’s team! That is special, we are glad you are here. Many VCSU Football team members welcomed students the first day of school at Washington and Jefferson Schools. Students will remember that gesture for a long time. Thank you.
- Do you know our Volunteer Firefighters drill/train two evenings a month? Their families graciously share personal time when firefighters could be home so they can provide fire protection for all. Chief Scott Magnuson informed me there are a couple openings on the VCFD. Maybe you female/male thought about being a fire fighter when you were a kid; check it out. Call Chief Magnuson at (701) 845-3351.
- Gosh, this is the last week in August already and that brings Labor Day September 4th. I hope you all can find some time to relax and have some fun with family and friends over the holiday weekend. BE SAFE.
- August 24th was National Hydropower Day. Hydropower has been producing energy for 135 years and according to the National Hydropower Association (NHA), represents approximately 91% of the nation’s energy storage which pairs perfectly with other renewables.
- Monday we interviewed finalists for our Police Chief opening, Nick Horner, Brett Westbrook and Sean Hagen. Hopefully the naming of the new chief will take place this week. Thank you Carl, Gwen and all who have been part of the search process.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “The world is full of kind people…. if you can’t find one, be one.” ~ Shutterstock
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,