NEWS & NOTES
- Thursday the 7th is “Summer VIKES on Central” welcoming VCSU students and faculty back to Valley City for the new school year. This week’s music will feature 32 Below, an ever-popular band in these parts. “People will go where they are invited, but they will stay where they feel welcome” so we hope you feel welcome here.
- Valley City provides for its citizens a free 24/7 facility where you can dispose your leaves, grass clippings & branches. There are only a few simple rules to follow, put your material on the correct piles, empty plastic bags and a maximum of 4” diameter limbs to name a few. Please take care of your site and another point is, there are security cameras.
- One of our citizens visited with me last week wondering how he could become more involved in our city. How refreshing. Often we have openings on committees where we have to recruit people. Please stop in the office and leave your name and your interest with Judi so we can reach you. Thank you for your consideration.
- While on the involvement topic, thank you to the Valley City Commissioners for standing elections and serving you citizens. Every two years we have city elections, please think about running for an office.
- Remember North Dakota has a primary seatbelt law now. For me, it was in my head that I didn’t like the perceived hassle of buckling up. As time passed, I began noticing how many drivers have a blatant disregard for stop signs in town which stimulated a better effort on my part. After a while, it became a habit and I buckle up without further thought. I believe in the safety aspect of buckling up and with texting now days …… Be safe, consider buckling regularly.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “Never miss an opportunity to shut up. Well-timed silence has more eloquence than speech.” ~ Cowboy Logic
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,