NEWS & NOTES
- Hi Folks,
- Sue and I hope you who celebrate Jesus’ birth had a Blessed Christmas with family and friends.
- The weather hasn’t been conducive to making good ice this fall. In addition to that, ice is NEVER completely safe, so please use “best practice” when you are fishing, x-country skiing, snowmobiling and the like. Please be safe.
- Our Fire Department Rescue Squad has been called out a number of times recently to a plethora of occurrences. Traffic crashes on icy roads, 4-wheelers and retrieving fishermen stranded on ice that had broken away from the shore. We are so Blessed to have such a committed group of volunteers in our Valley City Fire Department (VCFD). Keeping in mind these folks “drill” twice a month and many go into specialty training, even more protection is afforded us. Thank you to the VCFD, you are amazing.
- We have been notified that our fees for hauling garbage to the landfill have been increased by about $100,000.00 per year. Recycling will help reduce the garbage tonnage and in turn lessen our cost. Cardboard, paper and glass are heavy, so recycling is very beneficial. Recycling is good for your pocketbook and the environment. You can make a difference, please recycle.
- Included with your tax statement was an application for a $500.00 Property Tax Credit on your primary residence. If you are one who didn’t notice the form, please go back and find the form so you can apply. It is a nice perk from our legislature.
- During the holidays visit uptown, shop, enjoy the lighting, visit people and take a few pictures at Veterans’ Park.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” ~ Winston Churchill
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,