NEWS & NOTES
- Hello Folks,
- Do you donate blood? Every 2-seconds someone in the United States needs blood and/or platelets. Approximately 29,000 units of red blood cells are needed daily and nearly 16 million blood components are transfused annually in the United States. You can be a life saver by donating, please do.
- Our nicer than normal weather is bringing walkers, joggers and bikers out-and-about. If you haven’t been getting out, even if it is just to take some “deep cleansing breaths”, do it while weather permits. A friend said he is grateful to be getting out again as when he gets some walking, he feels so much better. BE SAFE; wear reflective apparel and FACE TRAFFIC. Many drivers are looking at phones and you are in danger when they are behind you.
- Congratulations to Jon Skalicky who was recently promoted to the rank of Sergeant with the North Dakota Highway Patrol. Way-to-go Jon.
- February is Black History Month. Many notable figures have influenced our history over the years, Martin Luther King in Civil Rights, Chuck Berry in music and Jackie Robinson in sports to name a few. Surfing the web will provide you with a plethora of interesting information.
- Valley City Parks and Recreation is beginning a card playing session with coffee and treats Thursday mornings at 10:00. There are many card games available and one does NOT have to be a member to play. Try it!
- Boy Scout Troop 560 held an Eagle Court of Honor recognizing Teddy Hochhalter & Levi Trader for earning Distinguished Eagle Scout Awards. Nationally 6% of scouts reach Eagle Scout Rank, though recently Troop 560 had a time where over 70% achieved said rank. Levi, Teddy and all Eagle Scouts, you are to be proud.
- Thanks to all who provide and proof material for this article.
- “Regret is a time machine to the past. Worry is a time machine to the future. Gratitude is a time machine to the present.” ~ Andrea Gibson
Blessings, Pray, be Grateful and Respectful,